St Martin’s School is committed to offering a high-quality training environment for new teachers. We have a proven track record of developing the talents of those new to the profession and ensuring that they have the foundations for a successful future in teaching.
Some of the support we offer:
- An experienced mentor to guide and support
- Opportunities to observe experienced teachers
- Sessions on key pedagogical aspects of teaching
- Attendance at whole school ‘Teaching and Learning’ meetings and subject specific department meetings
- Shadowing the role of the form tutor
- Opportunities to attend trips and extra-curricular activities
- Coaching and support in how to achieve the ‘Teachers’ Standards,’ particularly setting expectations, behaviour management and differentiation.
- Guidance on ITT forms and course knowledge
We provide a flexible programme which personalises the learning of the trainee based upon their current skills and experience. We recognise that, as with our students, every trainee will have different strengths and weaknesses and we tailor our programme to reflect this.
Work experience and applying for teacher training:
If you are interested in applying for teacher training at our school, please contact email@example.com. I am happy to talk you through any routes into teaching and provide you with ‘experience days’ in lessons of your chosen subject. The website below is a good starting point to explore routes into teaching.
We have a long standing Partnership with Essex Teacher Training but we are happy to work with any awarding body for the right candidate. Please click the link below for an outline of the Essex Teaching Training courses on offer.