- Focus on consistently improving outcomes for all pupils including disadvantaged pupils
- Provide challenge and support to school leaders
- Monitor the performance and progress of their school, agreeing strategies to achieve continuous improvement and monitoring the School’s Improvement Plan
- Monitoring of the curriculum
- Take all aspects of safeguarding and wellbeing seriously and appoint a designated Safeguarding Governor
- Conduct a regular self-evaluation of the impact and effectiveness of the local governing body
- Promote Trust vision, policies and priorities
- Members of the local governing bodies are confident in their evaluations and understanding, and do not shy away from challenging leaders about variations in outcomes for pupil groups, especially between disadvantaged and other pupils
- Members of the local governing bodies monitor the effectiveness of the actions leaders take to secure and sustain improvements to teaching, learning and assessment and effectively hold them to account for this. This is communicated effectively to the Trust Board through the minutes of the local governing body meetings.
To contact the Chair of Governors, please write to Mr. Des Shillingford at the school address.