School Uniform and Equipment
Full uniform is compulsory and must always be worn by all students when on the school site, and when travelling to and from school, as ambassadors of St. Martin’s.
Parents/carers are able to purchase school uniform from two providers:
Smartypants Schoolwear which is located in Hutton, Unit 1 Chancerygate, 33 Tallon Road and we are part of the Industrial Estate. They have a retail counter that is open in the afternoons but please see their website for the latest opening times as these vary throughout the year. Smartypants Schoolwear are available for walk-ins on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday afternoons or you can make an appointment via their home page if you wish to be certain of being seen at a particular time. They offer late night appointments on Tuesday evenings.
Uniform can also be purchased online for home delivery or collection from their premises . www.smartypantsschoolwear.com Please see the ordering pages on their website for full details
If there are any queries please call their offices on 01277 363275.
The School Uniform Specialist www.theschooluniformspecialist.com. In order to make purchases, you will need to enter the login code stm506 at the top right-hand corner of the screen. Please see the “How to Order” tab below for further details.
All items of clothing must be marked clearly and indelibly with the student’s name.
Compulsory items for all students:
- Black blazer with school badge;
- White shirt with school tie (tie is to end at the waist) or pink and white checked blouse with long or short sleeves;
- Mid-grey trousers, shoe length (available from the School Uniform Specialists) and worn with plain black socks; OR
- Grey pleated school skirt that sits on the knee (available from the School Uniform Specialists) and worn with plain white ankle socks OR black seamless opaque tights. Skirts must not be rolled.
- Traditional plain black, flat, polishable school shoes. Trainers and canvas shoes are not acceptable.
- Trainer socks are not permitted.
- Regulation black V-neck pullover with logo and long sleeves for all Year Groups (optional, and available from School Uniform Specialists);
- Coats must be plain and not display fashion logos. Leather and denim jackets are not acceptable.
- Plain hooded jackets are permitted and may be worn as a coat, but must not be worn under blazers.
Jewellery, hair and makeup:
- Students may wear a wristwatch;
- Students with pierced ears can wear one small discreet stud in each lower ear lobe;
- Extreme haircuts are not permitted, as judged by the Headteacher;
- Discreet make-up may be worn;
- Nail varnish (except for clear nail varnish) and other noticeable appearance altering treatments, for example, eyebrow treatments and fake lashes, must not be worn. Nail extensions are not permitted.
Compulsory items for all students:
- Polo shirt (red and black with school logo)(available from School Uniform Specialists);
- Plain black shorts or skort (no logos and no cycling shorts);
- Knee-length, red rugby socks (for outdoor activities);
- White sports-style socks longer than the ankle (for indoor activities);
- Trainers (for indoor activities);
- Football boots/stud/blade footwear (for activities on the field)
- One-piece plain, dark swimming costume / swim shorts.
- Red or black fleece top (with school logo) (available from School Uniform Specialists);
- Red or black base layers to wear under polo shirt/shorts, especially when activity is outside and the temperature is low;
- Rugby top (with school logo) (available from School Uniform Specialists) (available from School Uniform Specialists);
- Shin pads;
- Gum shield.
Other Specialist and Essential Equipment for All Students
- Aprons – one white apron for hard technology plus one butcher’s, striped apron for Food Technology;
- An old shirt for use in Art lessons;
- School bag and kit bag of reasonable size;
- Pen, pencil, rubber, 30cm ruler;
- Geometry set (to include a protractor and a pair of compasses);
- Scientific calculator;
- A set of felt-tipped pens or coloured pencils;
- It is also useful to have a clear pencil case.