Information for Applicants
Information for Prospective Students for September 2021 entry into Year 12.
All communications to the sixth form office should be directed to the email address: email@example.com
We do NOT offer confirmed places until we know the applicant’s GCSE grades in August.
- We do not interview all applicants due to the overwhelming number of applicants (which has doubled in three years), however due to the addition of BTEC qualifications at St Martin's, spaces allocated to students from other schools may be limited and students may be invited to interview before an offer is made.
- A letter will be sent in June to all students who submitted an application before the deadline. It is to confirm the subjects chosen which will then be experienced at the taster programme. It is also to provide full details of the results day timings and notifications. All this information is also on the website. It is an important element of the admission process. If there are official reasons for a particular date not to be selected, eg for Duke of Edinburgh course, National Citizenship Course or holiday abroad, then this request needs to be advised to the sixth form office by early May in order for it to be taken into consideration. We will endeavour to accommodate a particular date request but this may not always be possible.
Travelling to School
It is the parent's responsibility to organise transport to school.
SCHOOL BUSES OPERATED BY ESSEX COUNTY (NIBS)
If your child currently uses the school buses operated by NIBS for Essex County ie from the Five Parishes, Horndon, Ockendon etc, then you need to contact Essex County Council (school transport department) to enquire if they will have space for your child post-16. You will need to pay them direct for the bus pass. Essex County give priority to lower school students first, therefore you may not have a space allocated to the child for sixth form.
It is the parent’s responsibility to check this BEFORE September term starts and accepting a place with us so an alternative method of travelling should be arranged. The School does not have any influence over who gets places on the buses run by County nor take payment for the bus passes or issue them.
- The nearest rail station is Shenfield (on the Southend Victoria-London Liverpool Street line). The school is an 18 minute walk from the station, through Mount Avenue.
- The number 9 bus stops directly outside the school and runs from Brentwood Station to Basildon.
- There are several buses from the surrounding area which stop at Shenfield Station (from Brentwood, Billericay, Basildon etc) where students can walk up through Mount Avenue to the school.
We will be collecting non perishable food, toiletries and christmas treats for Brentwood Foodbank over the next two weeks. Please remember to bring in a contribution if you are able - the box is in the common room or you can bring the items to Mrs Howells' office. Thank you.